- This Page Hits:184699
Vaastu Shastra For Bathroom | Rest Rooms | Wash Room | SubhaVaastu.com:
Vastu for Bathrooms | Toilets/ Rest Rooms / Wash Rooms have come a long way from the tiny, dingy little cubicles that our ancestors rushed in and out of as fast as they could. Spending any thought or money on doing up these rooms was considered a sheer waste until very recently. The bathroom of today are different in quality and style-ranging from the practical to luxurious.
In some areas the bathroom is equipped with toilet, wash basin, bathtub and shower. In some areas the bathroom may not contain toilet facilities. In some orthodox families they may not likes to have toilets in their houses, so they may planned toilets out of their house plinth areas. It may be outside of the home but within compound premises. Actually this is good idea. But due to spacious place problem now we may not dream for such format constructions, particularly in cities it may not be possible for every body.
Every individual's idea of luxury differs as do the features they would like to include in their bathrooms. The possibilities are endless: His and Hers wash-basins, bidets, Jacuzzi with underwater lighting and adjustable slide jets with an option of water heated air or both, sauna, steam bath, whirlpool or a reading nook with bookshelves and two comfy chairs! Then there are bathrooms located in a secluded corner of the house beside a glass wall that brings the outdoors with in.
Whereas earlier the sink, WC and bathing area were placed just where they fitted in conveniently, often resulting in the users having to traipse the length of the room to wash their hands, today a lot of thought is given to the placement of each fixture in the bathroom.
Dressing walls in the bathroom is easier, as much material can be used. A simple look requires just a coat of paint or ceramic tiles. However, water as well as soap suds are bound to splash on the walls in the bathing area and if the material is not well-selected, it will leave ugly stains with the passage of the time. Lighting in the bathrooms give the whole space a well-lit look. Fluorescent tube lights are accepted as a rule, but a couple of bulbs fitted near the mirror would produce a clearer image.
The minimum fixtures in any bathroom are a WC or Western Commode, washbasin and shower/tap. But the tempting variety available today both in design and color offer different combinations. Bathrooms are been given much more attention, particularly in size The budget allocated for decoration of bathrooms has also increased substantially.
New and popular flooring options available today are more in terms of color than any change in material used. Italian marble and ceramic tiles still hold the market, but the changes seen are in the colors and the ways of laying them. Basic earth shades are being mixed and contrasted with bolder shades to draw attention to the floor. Walls can also sport the new look of plain, patterned, embossed or marbled ceramic tiles which are offset by printed borders.
A variety of WC's (Western Commode) are now available in different shapes, flushing styles and the capacity of the flush-which ranges from 5 to 7.5 liters. Wall mounted WCs Re available in two options: standard and concealed flushing apparatus.
Wash basins, with pedestals or fitted into a counter, come in a host of shapes- be it the standard one or the triangular shape that fits perfectly into a corner of the bathroom and avoids wastage of space.
Bathroom fixtures available in the market today have sleeker designs and come in a variety of power-coated colors of deep blue and vibrant red versus the chrome, black and ivory which were popular years ago. The designer taps may vary from a single tap to options like three tap hole basin mixers with pop-up systems and swivel spout mixers.
Acrylic bath-tubs are now available in many shapes- from standard rectangular to the more unusual triangular, D-shape and the rounded variety. Ready made acrylic bath trays, another new entrant, come in the standard size of 3'X 3' or 4'x 2.3' in a square or rectangular shape.
Luxury options like Jacuzzi (in some areas the Jacuzzi may also said like spa, whirlpool - your opinion requested to correct this words ) are popular with those who can afford the steep rise, while shower cabinets find very few takers in the market today. Jacuzzi made of acrylic and reinforced with fiber-glass are available in designs. Saunas are popular because they help the excess fat in the body to melt away.
Bathroom accessories are colour coordinated with the rest of the like the soap trays, bathroom shelves, towel rails, toilet-paper holders, hooks and toothbrush holder. Walk in wardrobes adjacent to the bathroom are also a common feature. A lot of stress is also laid on exhaust and fresh air fans. Soap dispensers may be at towards all directions but very very near to bath areas and another one may be near towards wash basin. Hand dryers may be very near to the door which was planned at benevolent position.
The colour schemes popular today are contrasts between a basic earthy shade like a fawn, beige or black, with a bolder color like a deep maroon or forest green. If bathroom space permits, Jacuzzi and bath tubs find their way in.
Current lifestyles often demand that bathrooms offer extra facilities beyond the purely functional. Not only these some are mandatory in bathrooms like reading table, or a table very near to the WC, many residents reading news papers in toilets and keeping them on the table. Most of the homes in USA has Walking closet / WIC next to the bathroom. Due to the demand of residents architects are now doing modify many things to the toilets. Some are looking for storage, make-up table-cum-dresser, attire placements, washing machine or even a little nook used as a dressing space, we could find a bed or a dance floor in your private retreat next- depending, of course not in the toilet but next to the bedroom on the space available.
Vaastu is very prevalent here, and bathrooms are carefully planned accordingly- from where the WC is placed to the wall on which the mirror is hung. As many experiences said that the bigger and better planned the bathroom, the more prosperous residents will be.
The East portion of the house is best for constructing a bathroom. The morning rays of the Sun are believed to be extremely beneficial for health, hence proper windows (of course with due provision for privacy) should be provided in the bathroom. The slope of the bathroom floor should be towards North and east so water drains to the north-east side of the bathroom. Washing area can also be used at bathrooms (toilets), in some areas toilet is being called as latrines.
Here observe the toilet., there is shown max information in this bathroom/toilet. The bathtub came at Southwest corner, which is more weight, and toilet western commode came towards northwest and Gas Geyser came into Southeast corner and finally the wash basin came towards East side. This is more than enough in a bathroom. Exhaust fan is important to this toilet. Better to place towards any way, as this is the air to go out. Better to place the exhaust fan towards Northwest as the first preference next best is southeast or south, west or North or East. Door showed at Northeast-north, or may be fit into northeast-east corner.
Now we are discussing some places where bathroom should not come :
Southwest is not the correct place for bathroom/toilet. So maximum avoid to construct the toilet at Southwest corner of your house. But generally the bedrooms came towards Southwest and recommended to construct the bedrooms towards Southwest, it is must to have the toilet. At that moment what we have to do. In that bedroom, don't plan the bathroom at Southwest corner. Hope you understood, anyway we are elaborating the deep levels for your kind information.
Southwest Bedroom and Toilet positions :
Have you observed that the bedroom came into southwest portion of the house and toilet is towards Southwest part of the bedroom, this is bad. It should not be placed like that. Except Southwest and Northeast corners you may plan the bathroom/ toilet at any other corner or place. But plan accordingly as per Vaasthu pandits recommendations.
Now the bathroom/toilet is at Northeast corner, is it right ?
Now the toilet is towards Northeast corner of the bedroom, which is not auspicious. Better to approach one vastu expert consultant and there after plan accordingly as per his recommendations to have peaceful life.
Is toilet is good at Northeast corner:
Here the toilet constructed towards Northeast corner, this is not good. Don't plan the toilet to be placed at this portion/location. Generally Northeast toilets are reflecting the negative results only. very rare of the rarest cases only they may be slightly providing the good results, but maximum areas these are not providing good results. FYI, here observe about NE toilet which a resident faces lots of troubles.
Sir, I have a north east facing house with roads on east and north both the sides. Unfortunately on this side we have toilets and bathroom and water storage tank. We are facing many problems in our house and family members as well. We are under lakhs of debt from bank and facing rejections in every field of work. Please advise and help us to get rid of all these obstacles in our life - Aman - Australia.
There are so many other things that we have to discuss, but if we plan to reach depth means, it is not so easy to prepare all the plans here. It may take some more time to reach the depth of the subject. A geyser can be installed in South-east of the bathroom. Taps and shower can be in North so the water drains to the North-east. Bath tub can be on the west side with head-side in South. Avoid a door on the south-west of bathroom. A washing machine can be placed in the northwest or southeast portion of the bathroom.
Ideal Bathroom/Toilet :
- The ideal bathroom is such which provides the essentials where you need it, when you need it.
- The ideal position of the bathing area would be one that allows you to step out of your bath on to dry ground.
- Family size has an important role to play in the design and layout of bathrooms. The larger the family, the larger the bathroom in terms of square footage and storage space.
- Plumbing fixtures should be comfortably spaced, with storage facilities and furnishings well arranged so that there is plenty of free space left for maneuvering.
- Tailoring the bathroom to suit the age requirements of all its users is sensible. If toddlers use the same bathroom as the adults, the towel stand could be fixed a little lower so that a child has easy access.
- In situations where one bathroom has to be shared by four or more people, separating the WC and the wash basin from the bathing area will allow two people to use different areas of the bathroom at the same time.
- A WC should be placed near a window or an outer wall, so that an exhaust fan can be fitted alongside.
- The bathing area should be kept away from the windows to protect it from drought.
- A dry and free area (unencumbered by fixtures) is needed to allow an adult to dry off and dress after bathing.
- Floor should always be skid resistant variety.
- A Jacuzzi should ideally be fitted with its access panel and electric points under the flooring, directly below the tub.
- Colour or color scheme should be according to the age factor. Women prefer soft colors and designs, while children's bathroom sport cartoon characters. The middle income group there is a marked preference for pastel shades. The trend should be sober and not flashy.
Vastu Tips for Bathroom/Toilet :
* Adjacent to the bathrooms and near the kitchen a small washing room for washing utensils is very convenient.
* Bathrooms adjacent to the South-east corner in the east direction is very useful.
* The morning sun rays coming from the East side falls on our body after the bath, which is very useful.
* The wash basin and shower should be in the North-east, North or the East side.
* Heater, switchboard, all other electrical appliances should be in the South-east direction.
* If a change room is to be built in the bathroom, it should be in the West or the south direction.
* Tub baths in the bathrooms should be either in the East, the west or the north-east.
* The slope of the flooring in the bathrooms should be in the east or the North direction.
* The mirrors & the doors of the bathroom should be in the east or the north, but not in the south direction.
* There should be windows or ventilators in the east or the north. Bath should be taken in the east or the north side.
* Clothes to be washed, should be kept in the north-west corner
* The color of walls and tiles of the bathrooms should be white, light blue, sky blue or any other pleasing light color. As far as possible dark red or black color should be avoided.
* A toilet in the bathroom is not advisable. However, if it is, it should be in the west or the north-West.
* Toilet should never be in the east or the northeast corner.
* If you want to construct the Bathroom or Toilet in Bedroom, right places are Southeast or Northwest. Please note that extension is not good towards Southeast or Northwest.
Constructing the bathroom on top of the Kitchen, is it acceptable:
Many residents are asking about this question, Kitchen is for the cooking purpose, toilet is for the discharging purpose, is it acceptable to plan a bathroom/toilet on top of the kitchen. Look at the answer with logic. This vastu shastra science formed thousands of years back, it was not invented 10 years or 50 years back, as per our literature it was said to be invented prior 5000 years back. Clearly it does not have any such authenticated records. On those days the constructions are not such standards and does not have any system to protect water not to leak from the floors. Our elders suffer a lot with rains as water was dropped from the upper floors or top. They does not have such technology on those days. After having such experiences they clearly informed us not to construct the toilets or bathrooms on top of the kitchen. Let us discuss more on this subject. If a toilet was constructed on top of the kitchen, the used water or toilet water was dropped into the kitchen utensils or some other cookery items, how ugly it was, we cannot dare to imagine of such thoughts, our body may get shake with horripilation after hearing of such words even. Now the system of construction was changed, every thing is almost secured not to leak the water etc. If there is no leakage then there is no objection to have them. If doubt arises about the leakage then we should not plan toilet to be constructed on top of the kitchen. Total high caution should be taken when plan bathroom on top of the kitchen. We have seen some incidents where there is a leakage in the kitchen at apartment flats. Horrible, they are unable to do any correction for that, who are ready to hear their cries, some body may enjoy. They cannot get justification. When residents approach the toilet floor level owner they may not accept for the expenditure incurred for the costs. Sufferer has to do the work, how can he bare the expenditure, these are all the bad experiences of the inhabitants. Its nothing but bad luck. It may not be applicable when residents deal with independent homes, they has to plan perfectly then nothing problem will arises. Our conclusion for this point is better to search for another place for the toilet, if there is no any other option then resident has to take complete investigation and enquiry and there after only they may plan for the toilet on top of the kitchen.
- How to get good business for my hotel industry?
- Buying home, Who is best vastu consultant in India?
- how to prevent accidents with the help of Vastu Shastra?
- We are always fight at house, how to stop quarrels at home?
- How to fix up the North doors in our house, without any mistakes?
- Is there any wrong is there are three burners in the stove at kitchen?
- I require wonderful good business, tell me what are the best methods?
- Is Vasthu helps to prevent failures in our life, if so please help to get success in my life?
- Which is the best possible way to place the main entrance door towards South direction?
- We are looking to buy a home. Who is the best vastu consultant in Cuffe Parade, Mumbai?
- Why people are cutting trees in the name of Vastu Shastra, how to protect our trees on our planet?
- I am more interested to visit foreign countries, what is the best way or process as per Vastu Shastra?
Dear Suresh, I am pleased to inform you that like the way you provided consultation for my home and explained to me all the changes required inside and outside home. I really appreciate the diagrams that you prepared for my home with pictures and arrows showing the changes need to be done. Above all, you explained very well the reasons behind changes you recommended for my home with great clarity and sense of humor. No doubt in my mind, you are the best Vastu expert, I really appreciate your dedication by building and maintaining a very informative website that is helping thousands of people across the globe. Also, I sensed when I talk to you and when I was dealing with you, you follow honesty and integrity and you have a sincere desire to help others - Kotesware Rao - Dallas - USA
We are tech professionals and working in USA. After a year long search we brought the house. After buying the house I started looking for consultant who can help me evaluating the house. I came across Subhavaastu website which has lot of information. I contacted Mr.Suresh and requested him to help with our house vastu. It has been a great pleasure working with him. He is very detailed oriented person and never compromises with his work. I am typically not interested to deliver the reviews. But after working with Mr. Suresh I decided to share my experience. Mr. Suresh has great expertise in providing vastu consultation to USA property. He is always available through email and phone l to answer questions. I am writing this review hoping it will help other people like me who lives in abroad. Please take advise before buying the house. I highly recommend Mr. Suresh as he has great experience with structure of USA properties and also he provides genuine consultation. I really appreciate Mr. Suresh's help in evaluating our house - Padma - Boston - USA
Hello Sir, My name is Bharathi. Me and my husband have been reading your articles closely. We really appreciate the effort put by you to share your knowledge about vastu and it’s effects - Bharathi - USA.
I have consulted Suresh Garu during December 2014 during the process of buying a house in Texas, USA. I have occupied the house for one year now, and feel like dropping a review regarding my experience during the entire process. I am very much satisfied with the kind of service I received from him. He is very knowledgeable and I was often stunned by his detailed analysis during the course of my interaction with him. He was very much accessible over phone (perhaps more than 10 times for one house plan!) and the price is very much reasonable especially compared with the cost of the house. I noticed his burning desire to help me in making informed decisions on certain things. I have seen some people pretending to know this subject and misguiding those who come for help by saying only what we want to hear. SubhaVaastu is definitely not that one. Finally, I am strong believer of leaving certain things to experts in those subjects. I have been in US for more than 13 years and have seen people doing their own corrections (by reading website articles) trying to save few dollars. Please don’t do that. You would end up in causing more damage. I highly recommend you to engage SubhaVaastu in your next project - Satish - Dallas - TX - USA
We are all aware of the evils of eve-teasing and stalking and the fairer gender are physically attacked with acid. The victim . . . . For more details Free Vastu Services page.
"Work hard, persevere, and have self-belief. More importantly, be true to who you are" - "Peta Searle".
“Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss other people.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt . . . Let you question yourself, "Who You Are"?
Joke Of the Day
Patient: "Oh doctor, I’m just so nervous. This is my first operation."
Doctor: "Don't worry. Mine too."